Friday, December 18, 2020
Spent a good part of the morning working on the VSCode Extension to automatically create days. You can see how this went.
Now I am going to take a break from that and do some thinking. Not sure where to put this yet.
There are quite a few videos or series I’d like to make. Just to explore about computers.
- Beginners Guide to React + TypeScript (Multipart?)
- [references] Beginners Guide to Web Development
- Purpose: Display information to the user
- JS Frameworks: React, Vue.js, ,etc
- CSS Frameworks: Basic, Tailwind,
- Back-End (nginx, apache, lighthttpd, sql, postgres, mongo, firebase, graphql, clojure)
- [references] Web Development Tools
- What is React?
- Why TypeScript?
- Setting up an environment, with explanation
- what the hell is npm/yarn/webpack
- basic environment explanation
- How to Style
- scoped css file
- global css file
- inline styling
- class styling
- variable styling
- “Component” architecture
- etc… continue after lunch
- C: The Foundation of Modern Programming
- Explore how it maps to instructions
- How it maps to memory
- function pointers
- double pointers
- returning pointers to something from a function
- What is a computer? How do computers work?
- This would be a fun challenge and test my own knowledge and fundamentals. Nearly infinite areas to explore.
- Cool technologies and tools
- package managers
- For now stick with things that are concrete. Then can move to opinion later.
- Even things like the history are fun to research, and maybe more interesting on their own.
- Would like to mix in opinions later. Where the industry is going. Where I would like to see it go.
- Fun things that are going on. AR. AI, etc.
- What can Apple do?
- What is the future of the internet?
- Better privacy?
- These things matter, but need a little awareness I feel.